You will have to consider a whole lot of things when you want to buy covers for your outdoor chairs. This will make your investment high yielding as well as ensure that your outdoor chairs are well protected against the environmental and natural elements, especially during the winter months.
As it is, it may be an overwhelming task to consider the types, the material, the color, and most importantly the size of the covers to ensure it fits onto your chairs well. Measuring the garden chairs can be the most difficult part of all because chairs cone come in different shapes and styles.
- Some may have straight back while others may be inclined and
- Some may have larger seats while some be designed for a single person to sit.
All these factors will really make it difficult for you to determine which particular type of chair covers you should buy and especially how exactly you can measure the chairs.
Tips to measure
All outdoor chair covers are designed to fit in a large variety of chair shapes, sizes, and styles. In order to ensure that you get the correct size of the covers and a good snug fit, you should measure your chairs by following these tips and instructions:
- Start with measuring the height of the chair. This is actually the straight line from the top of the back of the chair to the ground, whether the back is straight or inclined.
- Next, you should measure the width of the chair. You can do this by measuring the back of the chair from one end to the other. Make sure that it is a straight line.
- Follow it up by measuring the depth of the chair. This is measured from the front of the seat of the chair to the backrest of it.
This will give you the exact measurement of the chairs in your garden that you want to cover properly to protect it from the natural elements and the harsh sun rays that contains harmful UV rays.
Tips to buy
Ideally, the chair covers will come with a set of unique strap and buckle system. This system will ensure that the cover is secure on the chair and will not be blown away in a stormy or windy condition.
Though you will get a lot of cheap covers on the market that may seem very enticing to buy these are not usually worth spending your money.
- All cheap covers are highly unlikely to last long, not even to the first winter because these are made from low-quality materials.
- These cheap materials may not be waterproof as well which is the prime requirement for outdoor chair covers.
All these will eventually cost you more than you save. Therefore, always choose the expensive ones, preferably the branded ones to make your investment worth.
Look for the range of outdoor chair covers and select the right one for your type of chair. Give some time to it and research well to protect your garden furniture and make it look best for a long time to come.