(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We appreciate your support.)
When teething strikes, give these a try:
- Frozen teething rings
- Frozen waffles - these have built in "drool cups"
- Sophie the Giraffe Teether
- Freeze a bottle nipple and let them chew on it.
- Frozen fruit/melon in a mesh teether
- Frozen washcloths (make sure you wet them first and then place in the freezer in a Ziplock baggie)
- Hyland's Teething Tablets
- Carrot sticks or large pickles (Watch your child to make sure they can handle biting a piece off or that they won't be able to)
- Teething Pacifier
- Frozen bagels
- Frozen bananas
- Teething Biscuits
- Ice Pops (We used to give these unopened to my second son when he was getting his 2-year-molars. They were great because he could get them all the way to the back and they didn't make a mess!)
- Clove Oil - Here is an easy recipe for Homemade Teething Oil using this from Mommypotamus
Amber Teething Necklaces are natural, don't require me shoving my finger inside a cranky baby's mouth, and (unlike traditional medicines) have no side-effects. Baltic amber has been a natural pain relief remedy for hundreds of years. It contains 3-8% succinic acid, found in the external layer of the stone. As your baby wears the necklace, their body temperature warms the stone which releases the succinic acid and allows it to be absorbed through their skin.
Shortly after I found out that we were expecting Baby #5, I was contacted by Amber for Babies to see if I would be interested in doing a review of their Baltic Amber Teething necklace. I was thrilled to do this because I truly believe that they are a great pain relief and I love to share the things I love with all of you. Like most companies, Amber for Babies provides necklaces that have individually knotted beads, strong silk and a screw safety clasp to make them safe for babies. That being said, teething jewelry is only meant to be used under direct supervision and should be removed before bathing and sleeping.
For the month of February, Amber for Babies is offering 20% off of their teething necklaces!
They are also offering one of our readers a necklace of their choice. To enter, simply use the Rafflecopter form below! Good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway