For this gooey, decadent, caramel-y goodness, you'll need:
1 box of brownies (and ingredients to make it)
1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup water
2 (8 oz) containers light Cool Whip
chocolate or hot fudge topping
10 mini Snickers bars (or as many as you like)
1. Prepare the brownies according to package directions. Let cool completely and cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch squares.
2. While the brownies bake and cool, prepare pudding layer by mixing the instant chocolate pudding mix with sweetened condensed milk and water. Blend on low speed until mixed and then continue on medium speed until fluffy. Gently fold in 8 oz of Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. To prepare the trifle, layer half of the brownie squares on the bottom of the bowl. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
4. Spoon half of the chocolate pudding mix onto the brownies and top with half of the other container of Cool Whip. Chop 5 mini Snickers bars and sprinkle over the Cool Whip.
5. Repeat layers with the other half of the brownies, chocolate pudding mix, and Cool Whip. Drizzle the top with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Chop remaining Snickers and sprinkle on top. I also used one mini Snickers in the center as a garnish.
6. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight!
This makes an easy, decadent dessert for picnics and family gatherings. It looks impressive, but really requires very little work and you could easily substitute almost any candy bar.
Looking for more dessert ideas? You might enjoy:
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Caramel Apple Bars
Want more ideas for spending time with your kids? Be sure to follow us on our NEW Facebook or Pinterest pages and sign up for emails to keep up with all the latest crafts, activities, and kid-friendly recipes!