One of the greatest joys of parenting is listening to our children laugh. Here are some of our tried and true methods of setting off the giggles with our children:
2. Start a Tickle Fight.
3. Tell some kid-friendly jokes or make up your own. I have yet to find a child that doesn't enjoy a good Knock-Knock joke!
4. Watch people eat something gross--One of my husband's favorite games when working with teens and children is to have them taste-test baby foods. This one is even a classic at Baby Showers. There's something about those grossed-out faces that are just hilarious.
5. Make up your own silly dances and be sure to perform them with your kids.
6. Make Silly Faces.
7. Don't underestimate the power of bodily function noises. - I have four boys so naturally anything involving burping or tooting is hilarious in our house. They are especially enjoying the many noises coming from their newborn baby sister! This isn't one you have to try for, just go with it when it happens and don't be afraid to laugh along with them.
8. Play a silly prank. - Here are some harmless, fun practical jokes for kids.
9. Pretend to make a mistake - Whether it's mixing up who's birthday it really is, pretending to run into the wall, or just mixing up someone's laundry or breakfast, kids love to see us make silly mistakes and have fun with it!
10. Laugh With Them - Laughter is contagious! The best way to get your kids laughing is to have fun together and enjoy laughing right along with them.
Bright Starts™ is the kid's brand where Fun Comes First™. They are all about making your kids laugh! Their smart solutions for parents and their babies provide convenience, value, and FUN throughout each day!
Recently, we had the opportunity to try out the new Jungle Fun Ball Climber™ from Bright Starts™, which is one of three new toys that they will be debuting as on of the sponsors of the BlogHer 2014 Conference. This interactive toy has kept all four of our boys laughing and sharing for the past few days. My 2 and 3-year-olds are enchanted with the silly songs and rush to grab the balls as they pop up from the tree trunk and travel down to bounce into the hippo's mouth. My older boys love to make their brothers giggle and pretend to race their balls through the toy, grabbing and spinning them along the way. My favorite part is listening to them laugh with each other.
You can discover why baby laughter is so important, measure your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.
You can also keep up with all the latest Bright Starts toys and parenting tips by following them on their social media: Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter.
Bright Starts is also offering one lucky reader one of these Bright Starts™ toys: Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™. Just leave a comment below telling me what makes you and your children laugh!
Want more ideas for spending time with your kids? Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Pinterest and sign up for emails to keep up with all the latest crafts, activities, and kid-friendly recipes!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/11 - 9/14.
Be sure to visit the Bright Starts™ Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!