1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 pound ground turkey
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 (6 inch) corn tortillas (we actually used flour instead)
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
green onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
black olives, sliced
1. Heat the refried beans.
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey. Stir in the seasoning packet.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Place a small amount of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Let the oil heat, then place one corn tortilla in the skillet. After 15 seconds, flip the tortilla over and let it fry another 15 seconds. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas, letting them drain on paper towels once they have been heated. When the tortillas have drained, arrange them on a cookie sheet. (If you prefer, tortillas can be baked for about 10 minutes instead of frying.)
5. Spread a thin layer of beans on the tortillas, followed by a layer of ground turkey, and cheese. Top with another tortilla
6. Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Top with additional cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice the tortillas into wedges and arrange them on plates or a serving platter and garnish them with the sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, chiles, lettuce, and olives.
What are some of your easy weeknight meals?? I'd love to get some new inspiration :)