Today we made these cute reindeer using the kids' hand prints and shoe prints. We turned ours into homemade Christmas cards, but these would also be a cute keepsake for grandparents.
For this activity, we used:
Red, green, brown, tan, and white constructions paper
1. Trace and cut out each child's shoe on brown construction paper for the head of the reindeer.
2. Trace and cut out each child's hands on brown construction paper for the antlers.
3. Cut out two circles from the white construction paper for eyes and two free-handed ears from the tan construction paper. Use a marker to fill in the pupils for the eyes.
4. Let the kids assemble their reindeer and glue to red or green construction paper folded for a card. We used last year's reindeer as a model.
5. Glue on pom balls for the nose of the reindeer.
6. Add a greeting to the outside of the card. We also added this poem to the inside:
This isn’t just a Reindeer
As anyone can see,
I made it with my hand and foot
Which are parts of me.
It comes with lots of love
Especially to say,
I hope that you have a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY!
And Viola! You have an adorable homemade Christmas card for all the important people in your children's lives. I love comparing these crafts through the years as my children's hand a feet grow!!